Extremely fast, thrilling as no one other in the carbon fiber fin category the 729 MUSTANG embodies the best of what fins can offer the most discerning breath hold diver in terms of performance, efficacy and speed. An essential but very personal design characterizes the 729 MUSTANG as the fruit of years of studies and research as it relates to fin biomechanics. The advanced designed Left and Right asymmetrical concept at the base of this model makes the real difference. The norm for C4 is using state of the art advanced composite materials just for the resulting high performance. Thanks to the anatomical Mustang foot pockets the energy wasted between foot and foot pockets during the transition of energy is the lowest of any freediving fin design.
- The D.P.C. (Double Parabolic Curve) is reached by a smart lamination of carbon layers specifically measured and placed.
- The “flap” on the tip reduces vortices from spinning off the sides just in the sections of high fluidity.
- The EVO water rails, with progressive hydrodynamic shape, patented by C4, allow the fins to work the right amount of water section by section. Water speed on the blade changes section by section, accelerating it through the tip of the blade.
- 729 MUSTANG’ s have intentionally symmetric blades for their mechanical and hydrodynamic efficiency of this design without the energy dispersion and the major mechanical stress of flex-torsion typical of normal ambidextrous fins. Less mechanical stress on the fins ensures a longer product life.
- Asymmetrical designed Mustang foot pockets.
- The use of select carbon fiber Megaforce T700 cloth offers 40% higher textile strength than standard T300 which makes MUSTANG 3’s more reliable.
- 729 MUSTANG blades are connected to the foot pockets through a special two screw junction, for a better mechanical seal and energy transmission.
- Available in three levels of stiffness 25 Soft, 30 Medium, 40 Hard.
25 Soft is recommended for divers under 175lbs or surface swimming where a dynamic performance is the aim over sudden movements and overcoming negative buoyancy during rapid movements like spearfishing action.
30 Medium is ideal for Freedivers weighing between 175-200lbs that require a balanced stiffness to compliment their body weight and a mix of shallow, mid-depth, deeper diving to 30 meters (100’).
40 Stiffer blades are still softer than the typical Mfg’s stiffest blade and are typically well suited to divers weighing over 200lbs. The ideal application of a stiff blade for divers under the 200lb+ weight level is typically for deep spearfishing past 30 meters. In this environment a fast accelerating fin that generates sudden thrust is preferred to overcome additional negative buoyancy, current, and sudden changes in depth and variable conditions encountered in challenging spearfishing conditions.